Pages

Thursday, December 30, 2010

goodbye 2010

so i was sitting here thinking about how much has happened in 2010. i have such a big list of things i've done, places i've been, and more importantly, things i've learned. if i had a title for this year it would be my 'growing year' and when i say that i totally don't mean inches or anything because honestly, i'm not much taller than i was in january. i think i'm done growing. if you would have asked me in january who i wanted to be at the end of the year i would have told you 'basketball player, even closer with my best friend, obedient, stronger testimony, etc.' that's it though. i wanted to go to highschool, watch my social life grow, and live carefree. ha. that all changed when in february we put our house for sale, when it sold in three weeks, when the school year began to rush by so fast that i was scared to let go, to wish to move forward for only a moment. in fear that i would open my eyes and be where i am now. everything moved so quickly, i found myself changing my priorities, spending as much time with my new friends as possible and letting my old ones slip away. my birthday came and went and four days later the movers came, packed up our boxes, and we were off. the trip out here was amazing. if you want to read more about that read early post in june. but then i got here and reality sunk in. all the excitement and newness was gone. i was not going back. but i fought through that, and the person i became over the summer was someone i would never have been capable of becoming had i stayed in utah. i learned to rely on the power of prayer more than i ever had, i diligently recorded all my thoughts in my journal then read my scriptures every night. my testimony was strengthened through this so much, it's hard to look back and realize a year ago i didn't know the things i know now. summer was so great! to read about the things i did read my september post. but i always knew that school would come, and the newness would hit me right in the face all over again. here is how it goes: WORST SIX WEEKS OF MY LIFE. then clark and i took a week off and transfered highschools. now i have friends, good teachers, and i love my life. i'm proud of who i am now, how i act, dress, am an example. i know what i believe, i know what i stand for, and i love that i get to be an example every day. i love early morning seminary more than anything. i dreaded it so much before the move, but i go to school everyday having felt the spirit, smiling, and ready to tackle anything that comes my way. i think that 2011 is going to be my reward for having such a hard 2010. there are so many things i'm already looking forward to! to those who helped me through this year, who stayed up on the other end of the phone while i cried to them, wanting nothing more than to go home. thankyou, you know who you are. all in all though this year has been hard, it's been great and i wouldn't change it for the world. i can't believe how fast it's gone by though. tomorow i have a new years dance, and i can't wait to start out the new year with all my new friends and family that have been with me for the past six months. it will be a great start to what i'm hoping will be a fantastic year. feliez nuevo anos!
ILY!
Sarah Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment