Pages

Friday, December 28, 2012

The City Life.


The constant buzz of my alarm sounds at exactly 5:45 but it doesn't matter, i've been awake for half an hour listening to the city wake up. My feet press firmly against the floor as I make the five foot trek to my bathroom. Hair, makeup, teeth brushed, presentable. Whole grain toast for breakfast a midst the panic stricken I can't find my other boot moment. Down seven flights of stairs, and out into the commotion before the clock hits seven. Children board the subway, navigating the world like everyone else but with school as their destination. The sun peaks up from behind the mountainous buildings, its rays scream good morning to all the people running late. each person has a destination, a purpose, somewhere to be, something to do. the busy, chaotic schedule leaves everyone alive. without a spare second to think about the minuscule troubles that wait for them at home. something new every day.

We just found out we're going back in three months and it's more exciting than Christmas morning. I love this city with all my heart. Someday it will be my city, you just wait and see. for now, a visit here and there will have to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment