Pages

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

What I realized at 11:59 PM last night.

Mormon Dance. Four hundred teenagers crowded around each other waiting for the clock to strike midnight, for a new start. One of the things I wanted before we put 2012 behind us was closure. I didn't want to feel like a certain someone owed me an explanation as to why they lied to me our entire relationship. I wanted the truth and I wanted to leave it with last year. But I've been ignoring him since October and am too stubborn to break the silence. One conversation, he owed me that. But as the balloons were about to drop at the strike of midnight, I realized I already had the closure I needed. I don't miss him, I don't even think we should be friends. We are not supposed to be in each others lives anymore. I am not sure if we ever were supposed to be in the first place, but we were. It is time to look towards the future and forget the boy who thought it was okay to lie. Moving on to a better time for both of us. Also remembering that there were some good times. No bitterness, wishing him the best. But looking towards a new year without old drama. So when the clock struck twelve and screams filled the room I smiled. Because everything is new, and I don't have to bring any of the old with me if i don't want to.
Happy New Year.

Sarah Smith.

No comments:

Post a Comment