Pages

Sunday, July 24, 2011

don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

about twenty four hours from now i'll be heading to the airport. i've tried everything to stop it, called mom and asked to extend my trip, prayed that my flight would be canceled, but after many attempts, nothing. i guess i get to go home tomorrow. i have a hard time believing that it has been a month, that something like this can speed by so fast. i'm not ready to go home, not ready to say goodbye to my best friend, to a certain boy whom i happen to favor muchly, to james and jared. there is no way it has been a month, has it really? but i have so many stories to tell, so many adventures i've been on. this has been the best summer ever, and the people that i have been around have really helped make it a summer to remember. i don't want to forget anything that happened this summer. is it possible to remember it all? the title to this post is really what i've been telling myself for the past few days now. don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened. i can't cry because i'm leaving, i've had my month here, remembering all the fun times and all the adventures, all the smiles and butterflies. now THAT is going to be easy. everytime i think about the events of my summer in happy valley i'll be sure to smile. i can't be sad, it has been a summer to remember. the best summer of my life thus far. i love the fact that i have been here all by myself living my own adventures. i think that it will be good to go home and see my family though. i miss them like crazy. i miss the laughter and all the crazy things that we would do. i miss my friends back home too. it will be good to go back, i think. this summer away from home has been so good for me though, i have learned so many things, become more independent, gone on more dates in the past month than i probably will in the next two years i'm living away from happy valley.
here is to the end of a fantastic summer adventure.
forever and always,
sarah leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment