Pages

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

huh.

YES. sarah smith is blogging two days in a row. maybe it's Taylor Swift's new song off her album 'Speak Now' about crashing a wedding that makes me so happy. or maybe it's the fact that i have the most amazing people surrounding me, cheering me on. even if they all live 2,000 miles away. mabye it's the Joe locket that i'm wearing arround my neck, fresh off my best friends first date that makes me so happy. yep, that's definitely part of it as well. mostly, i'm happy because i have hope. i don't know what changed in the past two days but i can't stop smiling. i can't wait to let go of my grip of sanity and live life in the moment effortely like i did before the move. i can't stop smiling. seriously people. it feels so good! and i can't wait to walk through the doors of my new highschool on monday. this will be my first day of real school here. the day when i know i'll leave with friends and high spirits. things are going to change, they have to. i'm sick and tired of letting people control my happiness. that's not to say i know there are going to be times when i want to go home, when i need a hug from my friends back home, i've learned that there are so many ups and downs in the past four months. but i have people who are going to be there for me every step of the way, cheering me on, wanting nothing more than for me to succed. i guess the only downside to switching schools is that i might not get to play basketball. but i'm pretty darn determined to not go down without a fight. i'm getting back into the daily routine of basketball, i need to make sure i'm pushing myself every day. and then when tryouts come and go. either i'm on the team or i'm not. believe me, i want to play basketball more than anything. but teams have been pretty much chosen and so it's worth it to me to give that up for this year and be able to go to a school with a better environent, with people who dress normal, and treat me normal. like i said though, i'm not going down without a fight. so people i have this week of no schoolness to make the transition and then monday my crazy life will pick back up but this time with a million and eight more smiles comming from yours truly. i guess the only thing i think you should do right now is click on this link and sing yourself some taylor swift. because she is one of the few people who can make a horrible situation like crashing a wedding seem desirable.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRjZvuIyie4
Forever and Always,
Sarah Leslie

1 comment:

  1. You lucky duck!!! you don't have school this week, as I am trudging through the days. Hey, if you ever read this comment, you should make another blog. If i haven't said, im sooooooooooooo happy for you:):):) This is Jolene from your web design clss at rockford...I am wishing you all the luck I possibly can that you'll do awesome at Minnetonka!

    ReplyDelete