Pages

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

a week in reality

first week back in reality = complete and well, it wasn't half bad. it has basically came down to a few things. One: my awesome friends are still calling me and texting me on a daily basis and even though this doesn't even compare to driving around aimlessley trying to find something to do as we listen to crazy music and laugh our hearts out, it's nice to know i have friends who don't just give up on me the moment i leave the Utah Border. Two: my summer lovin' playlist. compiled with all the songs we listened to in said cars, and of course the ones that describe my summer romance. i can plug my ipod in and immediately it takes me back to happy calley. maybe i'll post said playlist in a little bit. Three: the best family ever. i don't think i realized how lucky i am to be a part of such an amazing family, i am so blessed and don't ever want to take it forgranted again. i love that my parents are my friends and my parents. Four: awesome friends here. church friends, i mean. seeing as we all know i haven't really succeeded in making friends at school. oh well. my church friends here are awesome and have welcomed me back from happy valley with loving arms, listened to all my stories, and have made me really feel like i belong. i only hope that i have been as good of a friend to all of them. as far as getting settled goes, i'm still living out of suitcases, and my bed is in the living room but i figure it will all be um, fixed soon. right? right. basically, i can't help but be a little excited because one of my best friends Maiya is flying in from said happy valley tonight. she's here for a whole week and i can't wait to take her around to all of the places that i have grown to love in the past year. it makes me wish that more of my friends wanted to come out here and experience it with me! there are so many amazing things about this place, it's such a beautiful little hidden secret and even though it has been hard and is going to get even harder, i wouldn't change it for the world. here is to another week back in reality.
forever and always,
sarah leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment